1. Blend till smooth and creamy:
3 ½ cup Water
3/4 cups Cashews
1 cup Dates or honey
1/4 cup Coconuts (optional)
1/4 cup Corn Starch
1 tsp Coffee Substitute
1/2 cup Carob Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Maple Flavor
2. Empty into a saucepan and cook over medium-high stirring constantly with a wire whip until thick.
3. Pour into desired dish(es).
Peanut Butter Cups
In a mixing bowl, combine:
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1 cup soy supreme (soy milk powder)
Mix into crumbly consistency
In a saucepan, combine:
3/4 cup peanut or almond butter with
1 cup carob chips (non-hydrogenated; they will melt)
Keep stirring the mixture to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan; stir until it completely melts. It should only take 1-2 minutes.
Finally, in this sequence, place the mixture into small cups:
1. Peanut/almond butter and carob chip mixture
2. Peanut/almond butter and soy supreme mixture
3. Peanut/almond butter and carob chip mixture
Let it freeze for a few hours, and that’s it!
1/2 box MoriNu tofu, firm
8oz Tofu cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tb lemon peel
1Tb agar agar powder (or 3Tb agar flakes)
1c dried pineapple
1c pineapple juice
Blend water and cashews for about 3 min until thick and creamy. Bring pineapple juice, pineapple bits and agar to a boil, then add to the blender and continue to blend adding all of the other ingredients and blend until all is smooth.
Pour mixture into 2 pie shells and refrigerate until firm.
2c frozen strawberries, thawed or fresh
1/2 c dried pineapple bits
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and pour over the cheesecake.
Coconut Butter (excellent homemade butter)
1 cup of water
3 Tbs. Of carrot juice
1 tsp of salt
2 Tbs of granulated lecithin
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of coconut oil
Blend all together in the blender until it thickens, then pour margarine into a bowel and put it into the refrigerator until it hardens, and it is ready to use.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
1 medium chopped cucumber
1 medium cubed avocado
1 Tbs lime juice
1Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs marjoram
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of turmeric
1/4 c finely chopped pineapple or apple( optional)
Place all in a bowl, let marinate together 15 minutes then serve.
Okara Fish Cakes or Fingers
8 oz Okara
7 oz cooked, mashed yams
1 Tbs oil or cashew butter
2Tbs chopped eshallot and celery
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 diced red sweet pepper
Pinch of star anise
1 Tbs dulse or kelp powder
6 grated cloves garlic
1 chopped onion
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
4 oz dried seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c flaxseed jell
Mix everything together except the last two ingredients. Place mix on a floured board, make a roll 1 and 1/2 inch round. Cut in pieces to make fingers or press down to make cakes. Coat with flaxseed gel then roll in bread crumbs. Place on a tray and bake at 350, for 20 minutes, then turn and bake further 7 minutes on each side until nice brown colour.
- Wash 1/2 pt yellow split peas and soak them overnight.
- In the morning wash again, add 1 1/2 tsp salt, and set in pot to boil, with just enough water to cover peas.
- Boil until it can be cut with a spoon but not mashed with a spoon unless you press really hard.
- Strain in a colander, throw out unto wax paper, and let air dry for 30 minutes.
- Place in a grinder or food processor or roll with rolling pin until all is a crushed dry mix.
- When done, add1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp cumin(geerah), 1/2 tsp coriander, 1 Tbs of finely diced scallion green leaf.
- Mix all together.
- Set aside Dough. ( my dough has no leavening, but will rise very nicely, due to the dynamics of cold dough and a hot fire)
- Use 1 lb of whole wheat flour
- Cold Water to form a dough.
- Divide into approximately 9 lime sized balls. Roll out each ball into a flat circle with rolling pin, and then roll the flat circle into a ball again. Place on a floured board. This process develops the gluten, and will cause the puri not to break easily. ( if working in an ac kitchen, cover dough balls with a damp cloth, to prevent dough from drying out)
- Place a balled dough into your floured hand. Create a well and place some of your peas mix into the well, about 3 to 4 Tbs. pinch the sides of the well together,and close the dough again. Place on a floured board, repeat with all the balls of dough.
- Now put on your oiled tawa or skillet. Roll out gently a split pea filled ball into a flat circle. Pay attention to make sure the edges have been rolled flat as well. Place on your tawa or skillet. Cook 30 seconds on one side, and 30 seconds on the other until browned. Brush with oil as you cook.
- Remove from fire and place between wax paper. It is real good with sour recipe, found in the cookbook.